Sunday, September 21, 2014

Forgive Me-- Melanie Walker

I have never had such a book hangover, or had as hard a time coming to grips with a book, like I did Forgive Me. I absolutely LOVED Trust Me, but knew that what Sass had been through was so heartbreaking, that I have put off reading Forgive Me for a long time. I finally gave in two days ago- I kinda wished that I hadn't. Not because of what happens to Sass and Shame, but to Noah and Cans. I can't take it- literally, I just wanted to die when I read it. Nothing has ever been written in a book that ripped my heart out like that. I was totally inconsoleable after seeing those words. I am pissed right the hell off right now, so much so, that I almost don't want to know what happens next. I could never take that kind of heartbreak and gut wrenching pain--- ever again. I cannot fathom why Melanie decided to do what she did with the ending of this book, I can only hope that there was some divine reason behind it. Although, I cannot begin to imagine Noah without Cans. I just can't. I needed to know that Noah would get his peace and happiness, just the same as Carrie. But now, now I am totally gutted when it comes to Noah Beckett. For me, as soon as the ending came out, the entire story ceased to exist for Sass and Shame- it was solely about Noah. I love that Sass and Shame got their HEA, but I just can't bask in the afterglow- not after what happened.
I did give this book 5 stars, because I so loved the story of how this family came together again. Finally. I almost changed my rating to 1 star after it was over, simply due to the way the book ended. But that would have been an injustice to this story- I just couldn't do it. So, I leave my 5 stars up, even though my soul is screaming to tell Melanie how badly I hate her right now. I need to keep the faith that she knows what she is doing, and she is going to right this wrong- someway, somehow. Please woman, hear our cries and make this better!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment