Monday, May 29, 2017

New Release & Review!!! Plight--K.M. Golland!!!

 

 
Okay, how is it that I have never had the pleasure of reading K.M. Golland's words before now?? And, where can I get my hands on some Cheezels??
This book is just the sweetest thing, I swear!! Childhood friends, Danielle and Elliot never thought that the promise they made each other when they were eight years old would turn into something that eventually changed their entire lives. However, it was obvious that these two had always carried a love for one another that could not be denied, and apparently, could not be forgotten.
Elliot wasn't about to let her forget that, regardless of the years that had lapsed, she was his. His one and only. And apparently, Danielle felt the same, even if she fought like hell against admitting it.
Given that the author is Australian, there is a little bit of a difference in dialogue and such, but it wasn't enough to distract from the meaning of the story at all. It also has to be mentioned that the two mothers in the book, are flat out hilarious at their attempts in making sure that not only these two reconnect, but stay together once they have done so.
All in all, it's a book not to be missed out on, and was a perfect into for me to K.M.'s work. I can definitely see myself picking up more of her stuff in the future.
5 stars!!
 
 

Title: Plight
Author: K.M. Golland
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Release Date: May 29, 2017




Blurb

Plight [plahyt]
Noun: a difficult, or otherwise unfortunate situation.
Verb: pledge or solemnly promise. Be engaged to be married.


I promised myself to a man. Well, technically, I promised myself to a boy. We were eight years old. Neighbours. He gave me a Cheezel, pushed it onto my finger, and asked me to marry him.
I ate the Cheezel.
I also said, “Yes” but that we’d have to wait until we were thirty.
It was my thirtieth birthday last week and now he’s calling in that promise.
Seriously, Elliot Parker is insane if he thinks that an out of the blue private Facebook message stipulating the binding law of an oral contractual agreement is going to seal our twenty-two-year bullshit engagement.
Insane.
I wonder if he really does look like his profile picture, though.










Purchase Links

$2.99 for a VERY limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU 
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS







Author Bio



“I'm an author. I am married. I am a mother of two adorable little people. I'm a bookworm, craftworm, movieworm, and sportsworm. I'm also a self confessed shoe-aholic, tea-aholic, car-aholic, and bridge-aholic.”

Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, K.M. Golland is a best selling hybrid author, and a ranty, married mother of two with a very healthy high heel obsession.
 
 
Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment