Monday, January 27, 2014

Who I Am-- S.Q. Williams


Some stories aren’t easy to tell.

Some situations aren’t easy to relive.

But I was raised to be strong—to hold my own. Because of it, I was hurt, torn down, beaten and even had my heart snatched right out of my chest.

But I’m ready now. It’s time for me to speak up. You want to know what really goes on inside my head, well I’m right here.

Real. Raw. Intense.

This is all me. Roy Sykes. This is my story, and trust me… its far from pretty.


Yeah, that's right babies...... We finally are getting Roy's story- well, actually kinda Roy and Kelsey's story. Which is AWESOME!!! This could be one of the best yet in the Fire Nine series- it's just that damn good!! I had already started to fall for Roy when we got a small glimpse into his mind in Who We Are, but now, after hearing his whole tale- it makes me love him even harder!! I mean talk about a man in love with his woman-- Roy is totally head over heels for Kelsey. But in order to see how he got that way, we have to see what all he had to overcome in order to do that.
Roy was right when he said his story was anything but pretty- it is ugly- I mean way ugly. Not only because of the people that poisoned his past, but because of the shit he had to do in order to just survive. The things that man does for his sick mother- good god, can we give him saint hood for that?? And his ex, what a freaking bitch!! I just wanted to punch that conniving whore in the throat. I mean, spoiled and selfish do not even begin to describe that girl. And yes, I say girl- because she damn sure cannot be called a woman. The way she treats Roy is just reprehensible. I mean, it made me want to vomit sometimes. And the entire time, he is nothing but loyal to her- continuing to place her on the velvety pedestal to which she has become accustomed. Why?? All because he loved her. If only I could say the same for the way she felt about him- but no, she only cared about herself, which really only benefits us so that it made way for Kelsey to mend his heart later on.


Oh Kelsey, god bless that girl....... I LOVE her!!!! She is just one kick ass heroine, and I am so glad that she is who Roy ended up with-- she is everything that he deserved from life and more. Almost like she was his redemption after all of the junk he had to endure throughout his life. Of course, there are some bumps in the road, and yet another appearance by the dreaded ex, but I am happy to say- the HEA wins out after all. Even though I wouldn't mind seeing more of Kelsey and Roy in another book, which is a good thing since Shanora has mentioned a possible continuation of Roy in the future!! I can definitely see why Roy's story was so special to her and why she would want to revisit it later on. This is totally a 5 star read for me, just as the first two books in the Fire Nine series were as well-- Who He Is and Who We Are. If you haven't yet, be sure to pick up this series now and get caught up in some hot rock star love!!






Add to Goodreads:


But it here:




Buy Who He Is (FireNine #1) Now:
AMAZON / BARNES & NOBLE
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17564054-who-he-is?from_search=true

Buy Who We Are (FireNine #2) Now:
AMAZON / BARNES & NOBLE / KOBO
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18231624-who-we-are?from_search=true



Author Bio:

 


S. Q. Williams was born and raised in Matthews, North Carolina. She's the author of the New Adult series, OBTAINED and the Best Selling New Adult novel, Hard to Resist. Her upcoming mature New-Adult/Adult novel, Who He Is, will be released in July of 2013.

When she's not writing, she's happily reading or watching cartoons like the big kid she is. She has a wonderful family that you will hear her brag and talk about all of the time. Whenever she just wants to get away from the words for a while, she'll spend some time with her loved ones, eat gummy bears, or drown in Coca-Cola and anything else caffeinated.


Social Media Links:




No comments:

Post a Comment