Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mutual Release-- Liz Crowe

So, Liz Crowe was an author that was previously undiscovered by my eyes until I came across Mutual Release on Netgalley. I am so glad that I did-- awesome book I have to say. For any Fifty Shades fans, this book is right up your alley. It is a novel heavily involved in BDSM play, much like Fifty is. Our main man, Evan, is alas- quite the tortured soul, much like Christian as well. However, whereas Christian finds Ana right away and sticks it out with her- in Mutual Release, we begin with Evan at the ripe old age of 18 and follow him through several "relationships", both vanilla and otherwise. We see him slowly slip further into his own doubt and self hatred thorughout the book. Our lucky lady, Julie, is however nothing like Ana. She is feisty and full of spunk, thoroughly lacking Ana's quirky nervousness and naivety. That being said- she is a total wildcat and is the perfect match for Evan's "Dom" personality. She is only, in my opinion, a "Sub" in the sexual sense- definitely not in her daily endeavors. Along with Evan and Julie, we have several other wonderful characters- without whom, the book would not have had the natural flow that it did. I must say, I had high expectations going into this novel, being so enamored with Fifty and the Bared to You series (actually named The Crossfire Series), and am happy to say that I was not in any way disappointed. I would give this novel a firm 4 stars, making it quite the "pleasurable" read.......  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment