Wednesday, September 30, 2015

New Release!!! Loch-- Harper Bentley!!!



Title: Loch (The Powers That Be #3)
Author: Harper Bentley
Release Date: Sept 30, 2015
Find on Goodreads


Well, it's quite possible that Loch is my favorite Powers brother yet!! I couldn't help but fall madly in lust with this sweet man, no matter what he had done in his past. Seeing the love that he had for Simone, it only went to show how one person can truly grow and change after they lose the ones they hold dear.
As much as I sympathized with Simone for what she had been through in her younger years, I wanted her to just let it go. Really, it had been YEARS, and Loch was merely a silly child doing stupid childish things. I imagine that most boys are just as careless with girl's feelings at that age. So, I was not s fan of her plan to set him up for revenge, not s fan at all, even though I felt Loch should have caught on quicker- Ryker surely did. 
I loved seeing more of Ryker in this book, which is a great set up for his book still to come, but now it makes me curious as to who his lady love will be...... I would've liked to see some of the other couples a bit more, but I get it- this was Loch and Simone's story. All in all, Harper did a bang up job on Loch, just as she always does with her books. She always gives us all of the components of a great romance, without any of the cliche crap that some do. I think this series is amazing and give Loch 5 stars!!






Loch Powers was the hottest guy I’d ever seen in my entire life.

And I hated him with every fiber of my being.

I'd practically known him since birth. Heck, we’d literally shared a crib as babies at his mom’s daycare.

Then I’d crushed on him hard when we hit middle school but he wouldn’t give geeky, glasses-wearing me the time of day. When his mom made him take me to the sixth grade dance, he’d humiliated me and I vowed to never talk to him again.

The next year when my family moved away, I told myself that if I never saw him again it’d be too soon.

Now I’m back and attending the same college, but I’m no longer the skinny, ugly girl who was so infatuated with him. And I’m so over him it’s not even funny.

But now that I’m no longer the ugly duckling, he’s set his sights on me, and I’m just not sure what to do with that.










Harper Bentley has taught high school English for 22 years. Although she’s managed to maintain her sanity regardless of her career choice, jumping into the world of publishing her own books goes to show that she might be closer to the ledge than was previously thought.

After traveling the nation in her younger years as a military brat, having lived in Alaska, Washington State and California, she now resides in Oklahoma with her teenage daughter, two dogs and one cat, happily writing stories that she hopes her readers will enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment