Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Muse Series-- L. Mertz!!!

So, I have to do a little bragging on this chick here. I had the extreme pleasure of getting to meet this author in November, at Rebels and Readers 2014. I was blown away. Not just by this woman's enthusiasm and love for her fans, but by the kick ass personality that completely dwarfed this little woman!! She is a total spitfire, firecracker, just all around nutball- that I couldn't love more. 
Then, I got it even better when I was able to get my hands on her books. I devoured them all- the entire Muse series.... They were fab. Just fab.

Falling For A Muse
So, Austin and Kelly- completely took me by surprise!! I was so expecting Kelly's BFF and Austin to hit it off- and damn if Kelly didn't surprise me!! That girl jumped in head first. Didn't even look back. I mean, she packed up her entire life and moved halfway across the country, all on a leap of faith to be with this man. Who does that?? Well, if you are one of Mrs. Mert's characters- apparently, you do!! And to meet Austin's family, and see how they just swooped in and made Kelly feel at home- it made me do a little sigh.
I loved their dynamic, even when I wanted to shake sense into Kelly for blowing up at him, only because she couldn't see his true alpha nature. Anyone could see that these two were crazy about each other, and that Kelly's leap was an incredibly smart choice. This was a great start to this series, and I was happy to have read it!!
5 stars!!
 
 
Healing A Muse
This is my favorite of the series, by far!! L. blew me away with Jackson and Synclaire!! I fell hard and quick for their story, mainly because- really, who can resist a damaged couple?? Not to mention, with Syn being a tatted up badass chick, what's not to love about her?? Add to that, the fact that she is caring for her disabled mom!! Talk about a superwoman!! Love, just love her.
Then, there is all of the hotness that is Jackson. Pure and total yumminess. Great dad, book model, hard worker, and an animal in bed..... Yeah, I'm done for. He stole the show from the other boys. Sorry guys.
There were so many feels for me with this one- love, anger, happiness, and of course- heartbreak. But, it was all so worth it. It was fab. Total 5 stars.
 
 
Finding Her Muse
Mary, Mary- she really is quite contrary. For some reason, Mary just seemed to bring a bit too much of her own pain to her life, I felt. This is the only book in the series that I didn't fully connect with. I loved Landon- he was amazing. He knew what he wanted, and he went after it. He did everything that he could to keep Mary from letting her own hangups keep her from happiness, but man did he have a struggle on his hands. I really felt like I needed to shake her, and make her just get out of her own way. I understood that she had quite the crappy hand dealt to her, and she was doing a fantastic job as a single mom. That being said- she wasn't dead. She wasn't ancient. She was a lively, vibrant, young woman- that obviously, needed Landon in her life.
Her daughter was precious. I wanted to just eat her with a spoon for how smart she was for her age. Mary's ex however, he needed to be throttled good and hard. A classic case of "I don't want to play with my toys, until someone else wants to"...... Who does that, and thinks that it's going to actually work?
I was thrilled when Mary finally got her head out, and took her life into her own hands- finally grasping what she really wanted.
Add in, plenty of Jackson and Syn- and I was okay with the way everything turned out. 4 stars for this one!!
 
 
Be sure to pick up this fantastic series, at your favorite retailer today!! If, like me, L. Mertz was an unknown to you before- make sure you get to know her now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment