Monday, September 2, 2013

Axel-- Harper Sloan

Oh, Axel, holy fucking hell Axel...........
I just want to jump into my Kindle for this man!! He is so damn yummy, and totally swoon worthy- regardless of the fact that he is almost seven feet tall, lol. I fell so in lust with him, I wanted to push Izzy out of the way or something if she didn't get her head out of her ass!! That man is awesome!!
Poor Izzy though, damn this girl has had it rough- finding her soul mate as a teen, only to lose him when he shipped off to the Marines, even though he promised to come back to her- and she promised to wait for him. She still lost him- all because of things outside of their control. And then to lose again so soon after he left, and to lose who she lost (I don't want to give it away for those who haven't read it yet), god- my heart broke for her. No one should have to suffer that kind of loss, and then to have to feel as though it was their fault- total gut wrenching heartbreak. And then to find someone that she thinks will love and care for her, only to turn out to be the purest form of evil- damn, talk about kicking someone when they are down. This chick didn't deserve the life that she was dealt- it was just too damn much for anyone, much less someone like her. Someone who had only ever loved deeply and purely all those in her life. I hated what was done to her. But, I was so glad that she had her best friend, Dee- and that she met her second best friend, Greg after she suffered the worst of her beatings. Greg- geez, this man!! Talk about a knight is shining armor!! And he wasn't even in love with this chick- he just took her in- like his little sister, and he does everything to protect her- even laying his life on the line for her later on- I LOVE HIM!!!
So, imagine my surprise, when after all of the heartache that Izzy has endured, that true love that she thought she lost, Axel- is suddenly back- and he isn't going anywhere. He is so determined that he is not going to lose her again- he has loved her every minute of everyday since they met- and he is never going to let her go. Theirs is a deep love, one that has withstood so many things- things, that would break normal people. But not these two. And the emotion that he shows when he discovers all that they have lost- damn, can I love him anymore than I already did?? Their story is so beautiful!!!
I adore the fact that Greg's book, Cage, is up next because I am dying to see that man get his HEA too, after seeing his love for Dee and Izzy, I know he has so much to give to some lucky lady!! And apparently Dee and Beck are up next-- Yay!!! Can't wait!! This series is definitely going to be one of my faves!!!!
5 swoontastic stars!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment