Wednesday, June 5, 2013

There is No Light in Darkness-- Claire Contreras

Wow, what a book. I came across this title as I was browsing through another book blog one day, and thought- what the hell? Let's check it out. SO glad I did. It is a great book. This is the first of a two book series, which I will be reviewing next, and I must say- Kudos to the author. Even though it did do the evil CLIFFHANGER at the end-- I had already downloaded the second book so I wasn't too pissed about it. So, there is my first piece of advice- download both at once or at least the second as soon as you finish the first. If you don't, it's gonna drive you crazy.
One of the main things about this book is that it spans events over several years, focusing on the lives and love of Blake and Cole. These two kids met at the ripe old age of thirteen when one of them (not saying which one) came to live in the same foster home that the other one lived in. And they fell from there. Like instant attraction- but this deals with something from both of their pasts-- so not saying anything about this because it would be a major spoiler. And I do not do spoilers, sorry folks. Just believe me when I say- get it, read it, cry with it, scream at it and love it. That's all you have to do. The book carries itself- it is so entangled in not just the hero and heroine's story, but all of the characters story as they grew and loved together. I cannot say anymore, I just can't. You will not be disappointed with this book. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment